The 22Winty Soft Top Roof Rack for Ford Bronco is a functional roof rack that was created due to an interesting reason which will be explored below. If you have been looking for the best roof rack to go with your Ford Bronco, this is an excellent option.
The 22Winty Roof Rack is not intended for rock crawling, heavy loads, and over the landing. Hence, the reason why it is lightweight. It has an 80 lbs capacity and it is perfect for beach chairs, rescue boards, gas tanks, luggage, baskets, snowboards, fishing poles, skis, skateboards, water tanks, and surfboards.
According to 22Winty, the Soft Top Roof Rack will be launched and orders will be taken within the next week. Let us look at some other important information on the Recreational Sport Rack for Ford Bronco.
Why Was It Created?
The 22Winty was created out of necessity. To further explain, the creator of this Soft Top Roof Rack took three guests on a snowboard / ski trip early winter 2022. A problem arose when they were preparing to go for the trip and that was where to put the gear. There was little room in the trunk so it was too tight and all the gear could not fit in.
The creator of the Soft Top Roof Rack searched online and found out that there were zero options for soft top roof racks, especially back in 2021. First, the tire mounted rack was brought about to fix the problem but as time went on, there was still a need for cargo space.
The 22Winty Lightweight Recreational Sport Rack was test-driven over 5000 miles from New York to the Smokey Mountains then from New York to Los Angeles. The Roof Rack performed better than expected – at 80 Mph with 80 Lbs – through Kansas.
The vehicle stopped at west in BV Colorado for the Bronco Super celebration and even won an award from the Bronco Driver Mag’s host. The creator states that they had great success with the Soft Top Roof Rack.
The vehicle did the Mosquito Pass with 40 Lbs on top of the roof rack and there were no problems whatsoever. They even got lots of compliments. The creator also explored the Mojave National park and all its washboard and bumpy dirt roads.
The Roof Rack was also driven on hard off-road even though the creator specifically stated that it is not intended for overloading or off-roading. It was done just for fun and there were no damages. So, you can only try it out if necessary but it is not advisable.
How It Works
- You can choose to remove the brackets or leave them on. Since they are low profile, they will not get in your way. They can be removed or installed in less than ten minutes.
- If you remove the two front hand knobs, they will tilt back and rest on the tire. So, you will have access to close or open the soft top.
- If you remove all the four hand knobs, the roof rack will slide back or lift off the brackets.
- The 22Winty Roof Rack will work without any top and with or without the windows.
- If you want to remove the soft windows, move the top back, undo the Velcro and clips then disconnect the sides of the pillars.
- When you lower the rack, the rear window will slide out to the side then the side windows will slide out the back.
The Roof Rack attaches using existing fender bolt and hard top holes and you do not need any vehicle modification. There is a VHB sticky protector which is behind the rear windows. The essence of this is to remove the friction from dirt on the different vehicle parts.
Written above is all you need to know about the 22Winty Light Weight Recreational Sport Rack. An excellent option for Ford Bronco owners.