Car detailing has become very popular among car owners, as it makes it easy to take care of your interior. Its popularity has formed an entire industry, making it difficult to choose the best vacuum for car detailing that works for you.
Vacuums for car detailing are ideal for those that want to take care of their interior detailing. It’s important to choose one with different attachments that can clean every corner of your car’s interior, portability and convenience, and other special features.
We’ve compiled a list of the best vacuums for car detailing in this guide, so take a closer look below.
Black and Decker Vacuum Cordless – Our TopPick
- Count on reliably strong, lithium-powered suction.
- Maintenance is a breeze thanks to an easy-off washable bowl and filters.
- Know at a glance when it’s time to empty the translucent dirt bowl.
- Thoroughly clean narrow spaces and tight corners with the crevice tool.
- Quickly scoop up large messes with the wide vacuum mouth.
With its lightweight and ergonomic design, the DustBuster AdvancedClean allows easy maneuvering in tight spaces, so you won’t have to bend over often. The rotating slim nozzle adds to the ease of use, as it can rotate up to 180 degrees, while the pull-out crevice tool makes it easy to reach hard areas.
Another impressive feature of our top vacuum for car detailing is the cyclonic action, which spins dust and debris away from the filter. It provides strong suction power consistently and is fitted with a flip-up brush for flexibility. This means you can easily dust and vacuum your car’s upholstery.
If you’re unsure what to pick, the BLACK+DECKER DustBuster AdvancedClean is a perfect fit for any car. Even with the wide range of features, it offers great value for your money by coming at an affordable price.
Unfortunately, the vacuum does not have a replaceable battery, so you will have to purchase another one once it dies. It lasts for about four years before dying.
- Multi-surface and versatile use.
- Easy to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Rotating slim nozzle up to 180 degrees.
- Cyclonic action for getting rid of dust and debris
- Strong suction power.
- No replaceable battery.
- The battery fails after a short time.
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites in 2022
Best 11 Vacuums for Car Detailing
If you’re in a hurry, you can glance through our comparison chart to choose the best-detailing vacuum for your car. But, we have explored them in detail below.
Armor All AA255: Best Budget Blower
When it comes to maintaining your car’s interior, especially the carpets, there’s no better option than the Armor All AA255. Designed for wet and dry pickup, the vacuum can cover different cleaning purposes. Since it’s lightweight, you can easily use it for cars, trucks, and RVs.
You can easily convert the AA255 to a blower, which is best for drying motorcycles, car grills, and wheels. The blower function is easy to convert to and use, offering you versatile operation. Aside from the blower, the vacuum is a complete Vac organization, with the hose and accessory storage for easy use.
The vacuum is designed with a deluxe car nozzle designed to get into the tightest spaces. The sleek design allows you to get into the middle of your cars, carpets, and other corners. This is set against a 10-feet cord and a cord wrap, which can reach diverse corners of your car without moving the tank from place to place.
You will be impressed with the detail brush fitted on the Armor All AA255, which allows you to clean the details in your car’s dashboards, electric components, and vents.
Although customers have complained about the weak suction, it’s a great budget vacuum.
- Designed for different surfaces with wet/dry pickup.
- Easily converted to a blower.
- Complete package for vacuuming and cleaning
- Long car nozzle for all corners in the car.
- Budget option.
- Detail brush for cleaning dashboards and vents.
- Weak suction power.
- Users need to be careful of overloading.
BLACK+DECKER DustBuster Handheld Vacuum: Best cordless vacuum for car detailing
If you’re looking for a powerful vac that you can hold in your hand, the BLACK+DECKER DustBuster Handheld Vacuum is the best auto detailing vacuum. It offers four times more suction power than the standard vacuum from BLACK+DECKER, with two-speed options for cleaning your car. With the power boost mode, you can increase the suction.
This handheld model is also known for its very long-running time that allows you to take it from place to place in your car. After charging for only five hours, you can keep it in your car for long-lasting use and charge it again when it dies.
The Handheld Vacuum comes with an extra-long crevice tool that will let you reach tight corners in your car. Aside from car detailing, it is also ideal for cleaning between cushions and the top of shelves. The vacuum can pick up a wide range of debris and keep your car interior clean.
Emptying the DustBuster Handheld Vacuum is also easy, as it can hold a large amount of debris. It also provides no-contact emptying that allows you to empty it with one touch.
But one will have to be careful when using this vacuum since it’s made with thin plastic that causes poor durability.
- High suction power with two-speed options.
- Quick charging and long running time.
- Very long crevice tool for reaching tight areas.
- Large space for holding debris.
- No contact emptying.
- Poor plastic construction.
Bissell 1782 Pet Hair Eraser: Best for Pet Hair
Car owners with pets will do great with the Bissell 1782 Pet Hair Eraser. With its cordless design, you can take it with you whenever you drive with your pet. It was specifically designed for pet parents to clean after their furry friends, but it is ideal for dust, dirt, and debris in your car.
The Bissell 1782 is designed with a motorized foot that provides powerful suction. With a 14.4-volt power rating, it is a deep cleaning vacuum for cars, allowing you to get the tiniest dirt out. The auto detailing vacuum is compact and lightweight for speedy cleanups, making it a perfect fit in any car.
You can ensure that your car furniture and upholstery will remain safe when using the Bissell 1782 vacuum. It is designed with felt which can clean soft surfaces and upholstery without making a mark or damaging the interior. But, you can also use it for car carpets and hard surfaces.
Plus, car owners can benefit from the telescoping extension wand that makes it easy to reach tight spaces. With the crevice tool, you can get rid of pet hair and debris in the hardest-to-reach areas.
On the downside, the Pet Hair Eraser does not have a long-running time after fully charging.
- Cordless design for cleaning after pets.
- Powerful suction and lightweight design.
- Designed with felt cleaning soft surfaces.
- Telescoping extension wand for a tight corner.
- Motorized brush for removing hair and debris in cushions.
- Short running time.
DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Vacuum: Best Wet/Dry Vacuum
If you need the best wet dry vac for your car to ensure your details, we highly recommend the DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Vacuum. With its wet/dry filter, the cordless vacuum can take care of 99.97% of all the dust and debris that it comes in contact with. It is fitted with a ½ gallon tank and heavy-duty latch for easy emptying and cleaning.
The DEWALT Wet Dry Vacuum for auto detailing comes with dual cleanup modes, so you can clean debris through the extendable rubber hose or the front utility nozzle. Whether you’re cleaning a flat surface like your car carpet or the middle of cushions, there are different modes to go for.
One can expect durability and flexibility from the cordless vacuum, designed with a heavy-duty rubber hose. The hose can easily bend to reach the tightest corners. And with the large on/off switch, the interface is convenient for all users.
When it comes to maintaining the DEWALT 20V MAX, you can easily wash out the filter. It is also easy to empty and comes with a long-lasting battery.
Despite being a cordless vacuum, this model is bigger than the standard type, making it hard to carry for a long time. It is also loud.
- Wet/dry filter that takes in almost all debris.
- Easy to maintain and empty.
- Dual cleanup nodes for all surfaces
- Heavy-duty rubber hose that can easily bend.
- Easy to use.
- A bit large for a cordless vacuum.
- Loud operation.
Shark CH951 Cordless Handheld Vacuum: Best Portable Vacuum
Next on our list is the Shark CH951 Cordless Handheld Vacuum, which we named the best portable vacuum on our list. Weighing only 2.8 pounds, this portable vacuum can be easily carried about and used for car detailing in every nook and cranny.
Despite the tiny size, the Shark CH951 is powered by two ultra-powerful cyclonic air streams, which provide you with amazing suction. This design will also increase the life of your motor and filter. Made with lithium-ion technology, you can ensure a reliable performance each time you use it.
One impressive feature is the detachable self-cleaning pet power brush with the Shark CH951. The professional car vacuum lets you get rid of hair, dust, debris, and dirt on the floor, car carpet, upholstery, and tight corners. There is also a crevice tool and scrubbing brush best for stuck-on dirt.
Users can also benefit from the easy maintenance provided by this portable vacuum. It comes with an extra-large dust cup to take care of big jobs without emptying it regularly. Also, the CleanTouch dirt ejector technology makes it easy to get rid of debris hands-free.
Keep in mind that this portable vacuum is only great for small jobs and can’t handle a lot of debris at a time.
- Very lightweight with a portable design.
- Powerful suction with reliable performance.
- Fitted with a detachable self-cleaning pet power brush.
- Comes with tools for stuck-on dirty.
- Easy to empty and maintain.
- Not ideal for large jobs.
- Expensive for its size.
7. Adam’s Air Cannon Car Dryer Blower: Best for Quiet Operation
- ✅ THE SAFEST TOUCH FREE DRYING METHOD AVAILABLE – Every time you touch your vehicle with a towel, microfiber accessory, or even a chamois, you are introducing swirl marks, scratches, and marring your finish. Adam’s Air Cannon Car Dryer uses warm, dry, filtered air that provides an easy and safe drying experience without the chance of scratching expensive paint and chrome finishes.
- ✅ EXPANDING & RETRACTING 30 FOOT HOSE – This self-expanding and retracting hose take up significantly less space than conventional air dryers. This forced air dryer safely removes water, soap suds, and any loose surface contamination without the risk of scratching your finish. The rubberized attachments allow you to get close to the crevices with either a wide fan or pointed tip approach without damaging the surface.
- ✅ ADJUSTABLE SPEED CONTROL WITH SLOW, SAFETY-START. PREMIUM RUBBER SWIVEL CASTERS, 73,200 FPM, 88dB, 392 CFM WITH 15 FOOT RUBBERIZED POWER CORD - Adam’s Air Cannon moves over 73,200 feet per minute of clean, warm, dry, filtered air that you can control. With our state-of-the-art control system, you can easily adjust how much air you can move through your dryer system. Best of all, it incorporates noise-cut technology for quieter operation.
- ✅ WHATS INCLUDED? – Adam’s Air Cannon is a game changer and great addition to your car cleaning supplies. When this box arrives at your doorstep, it Includes rubberized attachments, 15-foot power cord, fan tip and pointed tips along with a self-expanding and retracting 30-foot hose to make post car washing & drying a breeze.
- ✅ 110% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE & INLCUDES 1 YEAR MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY! - We pride ourselves on customer service and satisfaction and believe that this is THE BEST Car Drying Air Blower on the market! If you don’t agree, we’ll do everything we can to make it right!
It can be frustrating to use a car detailing vacuum that is noisy, so we recommend the Adam’s Air Cannon Car Dryer Blower for those bothered about the noise. This vacuum is designed for quiet operation with a fitted noise-cut technology.
The Adam’s Air Cannon Car Dryer is designed to use warm, dry, filtered air, which will provide safe drying without damaging your car. It does not cause scratches on upholstery, furniture, paint, and chrome finishes. The box comes with all you need for cleaning and drying your car.
You can easily store the Car Dryer in your car or garage with a space-saving design. The detail vacuum cleaner is fitted with an expanding and retracting hose as long as 30 feet. You don’t have to carry the entire unit from place to place to clean your entire car, as the hose can reach different areas.
Since it is fitted with a dryer, you can also safely remove water, soap suds, and other liquids from your car without scratching the finish. The vacuum has a slow, safe start with adjustable speed control, which can clean a wide area.
On the downside, the Adam’s Air Cannon Car Dryer does not work quickly with drying your car, making it less efficient.
- Designed for quiet vacuuming.
- Protects your car’s interior and exterior from damage.
- Space-saving design with a retracting hose.
- Very long hose.
- Adjustable speed control.
- Less efficient in drying your car.
8. BLACK+DECKER Flex Car Vacuum: Best for Hard-to-Reach Areas
- Cleans vehicle dust, dirt and debris
- Vacuums hard to reach areas such as underneath and in between car seats
- 12V adapter fits into a Cigarette lighter Socket. Dustbowl Capacity: 19 ounce
- Patented 'motor in the filter' Technology allows the Hand vac to be ultra compact
- Cyclonic action spins dirt away from the filter maintaining optimum suction power
The BLACK+DECKER Flex Car Vacuum is the next on our list, which we named the best for hard-to-reach areas. It can reach areas like in-between the car seat, under your seats, corners, and more. With its sleek design, you can use it to clean the dust, debris, and dirt in the vehicle.
The Flex Car Vacuum is designed with a motor in the filter technology, making it very compact and reducing the space it takes up. Plus, the cable is as long as 16 feet, making it easy to reach all areas of your car without having to plug and unplug.
To provide optimum suction power while cleaning, the BLACK+DECKER model is powered by cyclonic action. This will spin the dirt away from the filter while cleaning, ensuring that it is quick and powerful without causing a blockage.
It is easy to clean out this car shop vac, as it comes with a filter cleaning wheel for hands-free maintenance. You can use the vacuum for a long time without having to clean it up since the dust bowl has a capacity of 19 ounces.
On the downside, the Flex Car Vacuum does not have very good suction, but that’s probably because of its small size. Also, it shuts down quickly with too much debris.
- Sleek design for reaching tight spaces.
- Long power cable for meeting hard-to-reach areas.
- Provides optimum suction power for its size.
- Easy to clean out and maintain.
- Space-saving design.
- Too much debris will shut it down.
- Poor suction because of the small size.
9. Beyond Handheld Vacuum for Car by BLACK+DECKER: Best Accessories
- Easily Clean Hard-To-Reach Spaces: Includes An Extendable 4-Foot Hose For Cleaning Hard To Reach Places Like Underneath The Seats And Between Cushions
- Cleaning Accessory Versatility: Cordless Car Vacuum Includes 4 Detailing Accessories To Help Tackle Any Car Mess
- Strong Suction Power: Strong Portable Suction Power To Quickly Clean Everyday Car Messes
- Cordless And Portable: The Lightweight And Cordless Design Makes Easy To Clean Without Bulky And Tangled Cords
Another car vacuum for detailing on our list is the Beyond Handheld Vacuum, which is made by the well-known BLACK+DECKER. It is the best vacuum for accessories, as it comes with four detailing accessories. These include a nozzle, flip-up brush, pet hairbrush, and automatic hand vacuum.
If you want to give your car a thorough clean, the Beyond Handheld Vacuum is the ideal choice. The cordless car vacuum comes with an extendable four-foot hose to reach hard places with ease. You can use the nozzle to clean out tight spaces while detailing.
Even with the small size, the handheld vacuum comes with strong portable suction power to clean your everyday messes. It is highly efficient in getting rid of dust, debris, and dirt, and the cordless design makes it easier to do this without limitations.
The Beyond Handheld Vacuum is designed for combined storage and charging. It comes with a charging base and onboard accessory storage, so you can keep all the accessories in one place and store your vacuum organized.
Although it does a great job of detailing your car, the vacuum has a poor battery life, and the filters don’t always let air through.
- Comes with four accessories for full detailing.
- Extendable hose for unreachable places.
- Easy to store in an organized manner.
- Ideal for versatile use.
- Portable design.
- Strong suction power.
- Poor battery life.
- Filters get blocked easily.
10. BOSCH VAC120N 12V Max Hand Vacuum: Best for Cleanout
- Power performance – high-performance, lightweight design maximizes effortless and fast jobsite clean up flat-filter design maximizes canister capacity Crevice nozzle – included for reaching into tight corners Push-button cleanout – provides quick easy canister cleanout
- Micro-filter system –captures 98% of particles;
- Compact design – compact, lightweight design delivers for comfortable use and convenient portability
- Fuel gauge – allows user to quickly see battery capacity available
- Crevice nozzle – included for reaching into tight corners Push-button cleanout – provides quick easy canister cleanout
The most stressful part of using a vacuum for car detailing is usually the process of emptying out the unit. But, the BOSCH VAC120N 12V Max Hand Vacuum makes this easier for you by offering an easy canister cleanout. It comes with a push-button which will instantly get rid of the dirt into the bin.
With high power performance and a lightweight design, you can clean up your car easily and take care of details. It is also fitted with a flat-filter design that leverages the canister capacity, ensuring that it doesn’t get full of debris quickly. The micro-filter system will capture up to 98% of the particles when cleaning.
The BOSCH VAC120N also comes in a compact design. Since it has a very lightweight design, you can easily carry it around when cleaning your car. It is also portable for taking from place to place and designed for comfortable use.
One special quirk on the BOSCH vacuum is the fuel gauge, which will immediately display your battery capacity. You can keep an eye on the battery capacity, so it doesn’t die on you.
But, the suction power is not so great because of its small size, meaning it will take longer to clean your car.
- Fitted with a fuel gauge for easy monitoring.
- Micro-filter system.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Does not require cleaning regularly.
- Easy canister cleanout.
- Poor suction power for its size.
11. Makita XLC07Z 18V LXT: Best for Multiple Speed Options
- Weighs only 4 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue (battery not included)
- Powerful motor delivers 49 CFM for use on a wide range of materials
- 3-speed and off push buttons for variety of applications
- Up to 40 minutes of continuous use from a single fully charged 1.5Ah battery (battery not included)
- Includes both vacuum and blower attachments
Last but not least is the Makita XLC07Z 18V LVT, which is the best option for detailing with multiple speed options. It comes with three-speed options for different applications, so you can control the speed and power as you please. With the clear push buttons, the unit is easy to use, even if you’re new to car detailing.
Weighing about four pounds, it is also a lightweight model and comes with a battery that reduces the stress on the operator. It does not come with a battery, so you’ll have to purchase this separately. The battery can last for up to 40 minutes when it’s fully charged.
Even with the small size, the Makita XLC07Z is fitted with a powerful motor. This offers up to 49 CFM on different materials. The vacuum comes with safety features for efficiency. It prevents overloading, overheating, and over-discharging, ensuring that you use it for a long time.
The LXT model is designed to be more efficient than others, coming with way more run time since it is powered by a lithium-ion battery. And it is provided with a rapid optimum charger for charging up to three times faster.
Keep in mind that it’s a small size, which means the suction power is not impressive. But, it’s sufficient for daily use.
- Multi-surface and versatile use.
- Easy to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Lightweight and portable
- Rotating slim nozzle up to 180 degrees.
- Cyclonic action for getting rid of dust and debris.
- Strong suction power.
- No replaceable battery.
- The battery fails after a short time.
Buying Guide to Car Detailing Vacuums
Before you choose the best shop vac for a car, you need to keep some important information in mind. This information can guide your purchase and ensure you only purchase the ideal model for your car.
With this in mind, we put together the different factors to consider before choosing a professional car vacuum.
When it comes to a vacuum for detailing cars, you’ll find that there are different types depending on what you’re looking for. Generally, car vacuum cleaners are handheld smaller models, so it’s best to go for this since they can get to the different corners of your car. This is unlike the stick and upright vacuums.
Also, the functionality of car detailing vacuums differs. You can get wet/dry models as these are popularly used for cars. There are also handheld, steam, and wall-mounted vacuums.
One of the most important features of a vacuum cleaner is suction. It’s always a great idea to use a vacuum with good suction power because this ensures that you get debris from the tightest spaces. In many cases, the suction power is less in smaller and more portable units. The detailing vacuum shouldn’t damage your car seats while suctioning.
For one, you should avoid a detailing vacuum that requires you to purchase the attachments separately. It’s common practice for a vacuum to come with different accessories for detailing your car thoroughly. Some of the common attachments include a crevice tool, pet hair removal brush, upholstery brush, dusting brush, brushed crevice, etc. You should look closely at the attachments to make sure they meet your needs.
A good car seat cleaner vacuum should be lightweight and portable because you need to easily get into different corners in your car. A car is a smaller space than a room, which means you need something that can be easily carried and moved around. Look out for lighter models that will be comfortable for you. It’s also essential to look out for those that can be easily stored.
The hose length is another important factor to keep in mind when choosing the best car detailing vacuum. If you’re using a vacuum with a power cord, you will need a hose that will easily reach your car and the different places you are cleaning. But a long hose is also useful in the case of the best cordless vacuum for car detailing. You won’t want to carry the entire vacuum around just to reach specific corners.
No one wants to buy a detailed vacuum, only for it to get damaged or stop working after a short time. Thus, the build quality of the car detail vacuum should be considered. The build includes the material that it was made of, preferably steel, plastic polymers, and aluminum. You also have to consider the hose length and durability and how reliable the power cord is.
You don’t have to break the bank before purchasing the best vacuum for auto detailing. Most models cost between $50 and $100, although you can spend hundreds of dollars if you go for a wall-mounted or a professional wet dry vac for the car. It’s advisable to check for the vacuums that offer more value for your money instead.
The filtration system of the car vacuum you want to choose is also important. If you have breathing issues like allergies, check if the vacuum you’re using has HEPA filtration. The filter should also be easy to clean because this is an important part of maintenance.
The final factor you should keep in mind is blowing capabilities. Some car seat vacuum cleaners are able to blow air into your car, which is useful for getting rid of the larger debris before sucking up the smaller ones. This is usually found in more expensive models. The blower can also be used to dry wet patches and stains on your seats and upholstery and dry up the car carpet.
With our complete guide, you can take care of your car detailing with a high-quality vacuum. It’s best to look through the different options and choose one that is ideal for your car needs, whether you have pets often or will work better with a portable and lightweight unit.
If you’re not sure what to go for, you can choose the BLACK+DECKER DustBuster AdvancedClean, as this is our best choice overall. You can shop vac for car detailing today.